the LEDs

Ask your support questions for SudoCue here
MorganNY
Regular
Regular

the LEDs

Post by MorganNY »

In another post I reported that using ctrl to select multiple cells then using ctrl-keypad is usually ineffective since one or more of the candidates is not removed.
Example:
r1c1-r1c3 contains a naked triple for 138. If one uses ctrl and highlights the other cells in box one and/or the remaining cells in c1 and does ctrl-keypad 1-3-8, maybe all the candidate 3s are removed, or the 1s and 3s but not the 8s, etc.

I figured, ok, when it's fixed, it's fixed. In the interim, I figured I'd try the LEDs to remove the candidates. However, selecting multiple cells doesn't seem to matter to the LEDs. Only the candidates in the last box selected is represented via LED. One might assume that if you highlighted, just as an extreme example, cells containing 123, 456 and 789, all the leds would be green but such isn't the case. Perhaps I'm not understanding the true purpose of the LEDs or how they're used to solve puzzles.
Thanks Ruud.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

To avoid confusion, the LEDs only show the candidates for the main selected cell, with the darker dotted focus rectangle. However, all selected cells within the selection will respond to the LEDs, as long as their candidate has the same status on/off as the one in the main selected cell.

When you select multiple cells, make sure that the main selected cell has its candidate(s) in the status that you want to change. Use Control+Arrow keys to change the main selected cell within the selection. It takes a little practice, but then you can do the eliminations in lightning speed.

cheers,
Ruud
MorganNY
Regular
Regular

Post by MorganNY »

I found the same issue with the ctrl-keypad that exists with the LEDs. For removal of all candidates, you need to, where possible, select a cell with all the removable candidates last.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Like the LEDs, Ctrl-keypad is a toggle function. The main selected cell determines in which direction the toggle operates.

It may be useful to introduce a key combination that eliminates any candidates in the selection.

Ruud.
MorganNY
Regular
Regular

Post by MorganNY »

If the LEDs toggle, can't simply ctrl-keypad do, as you say, remove any keystroked candidates within the group of selected cells? I've noticed the keypad doesn't add candidates where they don't belong at the same time as removing warranted candidates. A tribute to how sophisticated and intuitive 'Cue already is. I'm sure if it's workable, you'll do it Ruud. I think you're terrific and really appreciate the time you take to respond to concerns. Warmest regards