#66 - Moderate (not very hard as posted)

This forum is dedicated to the <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/clueless.php">Clueless Specials</a> published each Monday on the website.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

#66 - Moderate (not very hard as posted)

Post by lynn893 »

Ruud,

Can you advise why Clueless Special #66 had a rank of 'very hard'? Solving techniques used for this one were on the 'very easy/moderate list, I thought.

Maybe I got lucky? (finished this one in under 25 minutes with just a couple twins)

:?: :roll: :roll: :?:
JLynn
Hooked
Hooked

Post by JLynn »

There was an X-wing in the middle puzzle. Otherwise, yeah, this was a pretty easy Clueless.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Thanks for the feedback.

It was that X-Wing that determined the rating. Sometimes a single high rated move in an otherwise easy puzzle can distort the rating. When such puzzles appear in the future, I will use a lower rating.

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

[quote="Ruud"]Thanks for the feedback.

It was that X-Wing that determined the rating. Sometimes a single high rated move in an otherwise easy puzzle can distort the rating. When such puzzles appear in the future, I will use a lower rating.

Ruud[/quote]

x-wing.... I didn't even notice the x-wing.... but the puzzle fell into place so fast maybe I did it subconsiously :lol: , then again, there was one puzzle rated tough (I think) samuari 29, that I found very hard.... :roll: go figure!

Anyway, keep up the fantastic work Ruud, you've got a whole bunch of us hooked.... 8-)