Specialty puzzles?

Interesting puzzles can be posted here
enxio27
Master
Master

Specialty puzzles?

Post by enxio27 »

Haven't found any new specialty puzzles from Ruud in a while (the Clover and Clover-X on my other thread are the most recent, and they're from August).

Not that I've run out of puzzles to do--not by a long shot! I finally got through the Kazaguruma, and now I'm working on Clueless Special #4a. But others get through the puzzles MUCH faster than I do.

Surely I'm the only specialty enthusiast who hasn't got through them all by now. I get about 20-30 minutes in the evening to work on them, and then only 3-4 days a week at most. My most advanced technique is an X-Wing, so it takes me a while.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Don't you use the Clueless helper? :shock:
You can download it here somewhere.
I asked Ruud too for an extra Mega Big Clueless special, not that i am boring but i spend so much time lately sitting near my mothers or fathers bed, they both are very ill, one in hospital and one home alone. So Ruud maybe you didn't read my question in the bar elswhere.¿¿¿¿
JLynn
Hooked
Hooked

Post by JLynn »

Clueless Wind-X in this thread: http://www.sudocue.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=624

I'm trying to work on this one.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

oh i did forget this one i made it in Greece but did not finish it.I did solve more as half of it so i think it will be easy to finish it today. :lol:
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

I am currently developing a new format, which takes some time to create. This and other activities leave no time to create any special puzzles at this moment.

To wet your appetite, here's a sneak preview:

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

:whistle:
cowgirl
Addict
Addict

Post by cowgirl »

:-k

\:D/
Groetjes van cowgirl Gemma
Glyn
Major Major Major
Major Major Major

Post by Glyn »

I imagine there will be lots of 'Leftovers' from that feast. :lol:
I have 81 brain cells left, I think.
cowgirl
Addict
Addict

Post by cowgirl »

Glyn wrote:I imagine there will be lots of 'Leftovers' from that feast. :lol:
Hoi,

I will try the most things Ruud make's, and most of them, i love, special the clueless, explosion etc.
So this new puzzel, wil a new try to lurne more. I don't now of i can make this new one, but i wil try.
But the first picture (preview) looks nice and difficult :D
Groetjes van cowgirl Gemma
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

Looks like that could be called a clueless jigsaw.

Glyn has used the wrong analogy, the leftovers will be consumed with the feast, perhaps adding to ease the consumption.

for those longing for the minimal clues i saw some 9x9 jigsaws with 8 clues.

will this one be able to go in less than 63?

Feast and leftovers at the same time... how about "anorexic gourmand"?
Last edited by Pete on Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers
Para
Yokozuna
Yokozuna

Post by Para »

Pete wrote: for those longing for the minimal clues i saw some 9x9 jigsaws with 7 clues.
You can't have unique 9x9 jigsaw with 7 clues (where you have to enter 9 different digits). Because then 2 digits wouldn't be given and they would be interchangable. There must have been an extra constraint to the puzzle, like non-consecutive, something that insures that those the digits aren't interchangable. There are multiple 9x9 jigsaws with 8 clues. They mostly depend on the cage pattern of the jigsaw pieces; snake shaped jigsaw pieces are very powerful in the objective.

greetings

Para
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Marlie wrote:Don't you use the Clueless helper? :shock:
You can download it here somewhere.
No, Clueless Helper doesn't help me much because it doesn't print. I do my puzzles with pencil and paper.
I asked Ruud too for an extra Mega Big Clueless special, not that i am boring but i spend so much time lately sitting near my mothers or fathers bed, they both are very ill, one in hospital and one home alone. So Ruud maybe you didn't read my question in the bar elswhere.¿¿¿¿
Oh, Marlie! I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope things improve for all of you soon!
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

JLynn wrote:Clueless Wind-X in this thread: http://www.sudocue.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=624
Oh, thanks! I missed this one! Adding it to my other thread now. . .
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Ruud wrote:I am currently developing a new format, which takes some time to create. This and other activities leave no time to create any special puzzles at this moment.
Ahh! I figured you must be busy with some project or other. It looks interesting--might even get me to try a jigsaw.