SumoCue version 1.2.0 released

Find the latest software releases on this site, with detailed info.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

SumoCue version 1.2.0 released

Post by Ruud »

If you do not know what crossword killers are, you have missed the next big thing!

The first crossword killer I ever saw came from an Englishman named Mike, who lives in Japan, and apparently has nothing else to do than amuse us with his interesting puzzles.

In a crossword killer, only a part of the cells are included in cages. The remaining cells must contain words. The connection between the letters and the digits is a translation table, which specifies each letter that corresponds to a digit.

All the original Killer Sudoku conventions are in place. No repeats in rows, columns, nonets and cages. In addition, there is an extra rule: All adjacent cells on any row or column must contain valid words. So, if there is a gap of 5 cells between the cages on a row, there must be a 5-letter word there.

You will get no descriptions for the words. If you are lucky, the maker of the puzzle will tell you something about the words, like a general context or which formal list contains them.

Other features in this release are:

- New popup context menu for fast lock-in-cage action.
- Solver improved a lot - thanks ND!
- Manually disable/enable cage configurations.

A lot of internal rewriting has been done. Despite my intense testing, I cannot foresee every situation. Please report any errors a.s.a.p. when you encounter them.

Thanks,
Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh