Loss of game progress after save/open 2.2.0.0

Ask your support questions for SudoCue here
JimC
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Loss of game progress after save/open 2.2.0.0

Post by JimC »

I cannot seem to save a game beyond the initial setup! After setup of a new game, and File - Save As to eg. "ABC 00", I then begin to play the game. I place and eliminate pencil marks, and also place digits. Along the way, I save the game using Save As to eg. "ABC 01" and "ABC 02" at different points.

If I later try to load ABC 02, all I get is the original setup!

I saw from the forum that there had been an issue in an earlier version, and the user had changed the file suffix from .sdk to .sdx. So I tried that, and also tried eliminating the suffix (which also resulted in an .sdx file). But when I tried to reload the .sdx version, I just got a blank puzzle.

Perhaps there is something obvious that I'm missing :?:
Jim

ps - I am new to Sudocue (although intermediate Sudoku solver and advanced PC user). What a great tool :D
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum.

When you use Save As, the save dialog shows a "Save as type" combo. Make sure you select "Sudoku Game Progress" instead of "Sudoku Games".

You could also check the file names with Windows Explorer. If you have configured Windows to hide known extensions, mixing types may result in double extensions. So a file that is listed as ABC.sdx is actually named ABC.sdx.sdk. SudoCue determines the save format based on the "real" extension.

Hope this helps.

Ruud
wbullard
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Can't save a game in 3.1.0.1

Post by wbullard »

I feel stupid having to bring this up, but like JimC I can't save a game. I'm an advanced PC user (and less than advanced Sudokite) running Vista. Previously I had a similar problem like this with another program that couldn't save data and it was caused by Vista. I hope you have a work around because I am really interested in getting into the depths of the game and your program appears to be great.

Thanks
Will B.
wbullard
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

More information about saving problem

Post by wbullard »

I have installed NetFrame 3.5 on my Vista laptop and the Save button is still grayed out. When I use Save As the "Suduko Game Progress" comes up and I use that. I hope someone can recommend a fix.

Thanks
Will