Clueless 4a

When you have problems solving a Sudoku, ask fellow members to help you
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Marlie wrote:Look at the 9's in grid 3.
Is that a swordfish? (I'm still trying to learn how to identify those.)
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Marlie wrote:Grid ten (blue) a tripple in colom 7
Now you can solve the hole 4a
Para mentioned the same thing, but I do NOT see how that can be a triple, with the same digits in other cells of that column. What am I missing?
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

I saw the first step immediately (after peeking at your hint). I don't know HOW I missed that before. But now I'm stuck again:
Para wrote:
Step 3:
Finally Naked Triple {679} in C7 in C7R359.
I can't see how that can be a triple. The 7 and the 9, yes, but the 6?
Glyn
Major Major Major
Major Major Major

Post by Glyn »

Enxio you need Paras step 2 first (look for the locked 3s). Then the Naked triple for Step 3 will appear.
I have 81 brain cells left, I think.
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Glyn wrote:Enxio you need Paras step 2 first (look for the locked 3s). Then the Naked triple for Step 3 will appear.
Oh, dear! Somehow, instead of looking at my working copy of the puzzle, I looked at an older copy (before I cleaned it up and reprinted it) that didn't have the locking 3 marked. Now I see that second triple!

(I don't normally go through that clean-up-and-reprint step, but I thought that doing that might help me see something I'd missed before. It didn't.)
cowgirl
Addict
Addict

Post by cowgirl »

Para wrote:Marlie

Heb jij trouwens ooit catch-22 nog opgelost? Heb hem nog steeds liggen en kijk er af en toe nog naar maar eigenlijk word ik er alleen maar gefrustreerd door. Misschien moet ik maar gewoon opgeven. I ieder geval wel die koninginnedag (of is het tegenwoordig koninginnendag) puzzel af.

Did you ever finish Catch-22. Still got it lying around, but it mostly just frustrates me that i can't solve it. I might just have to give up. I could always call in the help of sudocue(kinda weak, i know). At least i finished that queens day puzzle.

groeten
Para
Hoi,
I'm not Marlie :wink: , but i try the catch-22 3 times, and, grrrrrrrr, 3 times i make somewere a mistake.
I will start again, but the last 3 days a make the black one, the vryday the 13, and, ta taaaaaaaaaaaaa, i'm ready with this one.
The queen puzzle is still weating for me to, meaby i will make this now first :D .
Meaby, because i dont now if i have the time to do.

de catch-22 heb ik nu 3 keer geprobeerd, en telkens ging ik ergens de fout is. Ik wil hem zekers nog eens proberen, maar ik ben eerst naar de zwarte vrijdag de 13e gegaan, en die heb ik nu klaar, ta taaaaa.
De koningginnendag puzzel is ook nog niet af, dus ik kan ook nog kiezen.
Even afwachten hoeveel tijd ik heb, i.v.m. werk.
Groetjes van cowgirl Gemma
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Ok, I did all of Para's steps and also Marlie's, but now I'm stuck again. Those didn't seem to help much with the rest of the puzzle. I don't know what I'm missing here.
Glyn
Major Major Major
Major Major Major

Post by Glyn »

Hi Enxio

Perhaps you have solved this now. If the Clueless grid is solved then all other grids are solvable from the point you posted originally except Grid 1 which has an error.
This Grid should look like this.

Code: Select all

.------------------.------------------.------------------.
| 25689 2589  25689| 4     3     256  | 89    7     1    |
| 3     2589  7    | 256   1     256  | 4     269   268  |
| 4     1     26   | 9     8     7    | 3     5     26   |
:------------------+------------------+------------------:
| 568   58    1    | 68    7     9    | 2     4     3    |
| 7     3     68   | 268   26    4    | 5     1     9    |
| 29    29    4    | 3     5     1    | 6     8     7    |
:------------------+------------------+------------------:
| 259   6     259  | 1     29    8    | 7     3     4    |
| 2589  4     3    | 7     269   256  | 1     269   2568 |
| 1     7     2589 | 256   4     3    | 89    269   2568 |
'------------------'------------------'------------------'
The info from the Clueless grid should work now for this grid as well.
I have 81 brain cells left, I think.
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Glyn wrote: Perhaps you have solved this now.
No, I put that one aside for a while and have been working on Clueless #4b, which seems to be going well right now. I come back to it every now and then, though, and maybe I'll push my way through the rest of it once I finish 4b.
If the Clueless grid is solved then all other grids are solvable from the point you posted originally except Grid 1 which has an error.
Thanks for pointing that out! I think it was a transcription error. I don't know why I'm having such a difficult time with this one. I'm tempted to just chuck it all and start over.
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Well, 4b WAS going well, but I messed something up there, so I'm going to go back to 4a again, and then start over with 4b. <Sigh!>

I know I used some faulty logic with the 4b, but I'm not sure what I did wrong with 4a. I usually work on the puzzles right before bed, and maybe I just got too sleepy.