86?

This is not the right forum to discuss the Big Bang Theory,<br>but if you have any comments on last Saturday's <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/explosion.php">Clueless Explosion</a>, you can post them here.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Marlie wrote:Why is Germany your second home?
Warum ist Deutschland deine zweite Heimat?
I have lived and worked some 20 years (or 2/5 of my life) in Germany.
Etwa 20 Jahre bzw. 2/5 meines Lebens habe ich in Deutschland gewohnt und gearbeitet.

Dein deutsch ist gut und meine ist mit Sicherheit weit von Fehlerfrei. Deutsch ist ebenhalt eine komplizierte Sprache.
Hilsener i fra vikingen :viking: Børge
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Well i did it. I called Ruud's home and his daughter answers. I explained who i was and why i called and she told me he was at the office at this moment. So there is nothing to worrie about i think.
The daughter will tell Ruud Marlie called so i think he will give a reaction here later today.
Now i am realy relieved.
Sorry Ruud for disturbing your privacy but i did'nt know what else to do.

Sorry Ruud dat ik je privacy geschonden heb maar ik wist me geen raad meer.
Sarah
Regular
Regular

Post by Sarah »

Thanks Marlie!!!!

Many have been greatly concerned.

[Busy time for plant business, perhaps.]
Last edited by Sarah on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TKollen
Regular
Regular

86?

Post by TKollen »

Thanks Marlie,

I think we can all be relieved that Ruud seems to be OK.
But on the other hand that makes me even more concerned
about him not responding and the future of this website.

Rgds,

Tomas

PS. Borge, it seems that I have path similar to yours. I was born in Sweden
and spent some time in Kiruna (also above the polar circle and close to Tromso), lived in Germany for some years before ending up in the US.
slowhand
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Tnx Marlie,

Post by slowhand »

for the good news about Ruud...
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Marlie, thanks a lot.

I am really relieved that Ruud seems to be OK.
Perhaps there will be at least one (hopefully two) Clueless Explosions here later today.

@Thomas:
Part of the globalisation seems to be that more people tend to move more around. I was actually born in Copenhagen, Denmark. Spent the first 14 years of my life mostly in Oslo but also partially in Copenhagen. The next 14 years in Tromsø, then some years in Oslo and after than many years mostly in Germany. I am in fact currently in Germany but as it looks now heading permanently back to Norway later this year.
DianaB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DianaB »

Marlie, thanks for phoning Ruud. Happy to hear all is well! :D
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Post by mhparker »

Well done, Marlie! =D>
Børge wrote:Grüße nach Deutschland, meine zweite Heimat. Image
Thanks, Børge. Love that animated GIF! BTW, I notice it's a german one (what else?!).
Børge wrote:Perhaps there will be at least one (hopefully two) Clueless Explosions here later today.
Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism! However, if my theory is right that Ruud just burnt himself out, he's hardly likely to come bouncing back a vengeance and suddenly post a shower of puzzles! More likely, we'll get an announcement to the effect that the maintainance of this website took up too much of his time. If we're lucky he can maybe pick it up again at a reduced rate. If we're unlucky, he'll announce that he's cancelled the contract with his hosting provider and we'll get a date when the site will be taken offline.

This site probably started off as a hobby, and was no doubt fun to develop and extend, especially in the early days of the Sudoku craze, where so much was new. However, there almost inevitably comes a point where the enjoyment fades and the tasks become more and more of a burden. During the time that Ruud has maintained this site, many forum members have come and gone, and no doubt now have new interests. But a lone site administrator can't simply do the same...

Unless, that is, he wakes up one morning and considers the consequences of just dropping everything anyway...
Børge wrote:The daughter will tell Ruud Marlie called so i think he will give a reaction here later today.
Possibly, or maybe sometime this weekend. But, in any case, it's probably too much to hope that things will just carry on as they were before.

However, I look forward to hearing what Ruud has to say.
Cheers,
Mike
cowgirl
Addict
Addict

Post by cowgirl »

Hoi,

Thanks Marlie,
So there is nothing to worrie about i hope.

perhaps is Ruud sudoku tired :?

Whe will wait, if Ruud is okay, that is most important for me
Groetjes van cowgirl Gemma
azpaull
Regular
Regular

Post by azpaull »

Thanks, Marlie, that was excellent of you! I am very glad to hear he is OK. (I'm another occasional at the assasin's forum.)

So, come on, Ruud, show us a sign
Send up a signal, we'll throw you the line
The sudoku curtain you're hiding behind
Never lets in the sun
(OK, the lyrics don't quite fit - you've never hidden. And, we can certainly understand if you need(ed) a break. Just let us know what's up - maybe some of the experts here can help fill in for a while or something.)
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

I have to say that someone else found the adress and number, i just called. Don't know if this person wants to say it's name here.
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Post by mhparker »

Sarah wrote:[Busy time for plant business, perhaps.]
But Ruud's a programmer isn't he?! :shock:

Marlie: Are you sure you got the right Ruud there? Did his daughter confirm this (either directly or indirectly)?
Cheers,
Mike
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

mhparker wrote:
Sarah wrote:[Busy time for plant business, perhaps.]
But Ruud's a programmer isn't he?! :shock:
Assuming that plant here means flower and not some kind of factory there is a Ruud van der Werf that has an Internet presence selling flowers, although you cannot order online: http://www.ruudvanderwerf.nl/eng/
I don’t think that this Ruud van der Werf is our Ruud. I have done some searching myself to see if I could find a software house employing a Mr. van der Werf, but so far without any success.

mhparker wrote:Marlie: Are you sure you got the right Ruud there? Did his daughter confirm this (either directly or indirectly)?
Since I do not have any kids myself I am far from an expert on teenagers’ leisure time activities, but I do have 5 nieces, so I think I have some general ideas.

If I remember the posting telling that Ruud quitted smoking in 2005 correctly, it made it easier for him quitting since both his wife and daughter also stopped smoking at the same time. This and the fact that his daughter answered the phone (indicating that she still lives with her parents) should put her somewhere around the age of 18-19, give or take a couple of years.

If Ruud was home late (he seems to be very busy) perhaps his daughter had left for the disco or some other activities and has not yet had a chance to tell him that Marlie called or even has forgotten it (young girls seems to have a lot on their minds).

If we have not heard from Ruud until mid next week I hope that Marlie will be so kind and call him at home once more, perhaps after Dutch standard supper time. If he is not at home asking for his business phone number might be a good idea.

Perhaps Ruud is reading all our postings and has a good time grinning and snickering over all our speculations. :wink:
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

I am sure it was the right Ruud where i called she knew of sudoku.
We have to wait now, it's weekend and we must give Ruud the time he needs to respond here.
All agree?
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Last edited by Børge on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.