Different color for entering certain pencil marks?

Ask your support questions for SudoCue here
markulin
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Different color for entering certain pencil marks?

Post by markulin »

I suspect this should go under wish list rather than support, but here goes:

Is there a relatively easy way to enter some pencil marks either with a different color or a different background and have that color persist and be visible under most circumstances where pencil marks are displayed?

If I understand it rightly--and perhaps I don't--Ultra color takes several steps to set colors and goes off under many circumstances. It may work for my purposes, but requires so many steps that it is impractical.

Here's why I would like to be able easily to enter simultaneously a different color when I enter certain pencil marks and have that color persist whenever PMs are shown.

BTW, I use SudoCue to practice techniques that I use on paper. so I make Markers Visible, Show Markup in Watch and Color, and disable At start..., all. I enter PMs manually.

I want to mark single digit pairs within a house when I enter them in those case where there are only two places in a house where this digit can go (or where the only place that three digits can go are in the same row or column). This allows me easily to recognize when I fill one cell so marked that I have a second cell in the house to change (only two places for a 5 in a house, the first cell turns out to be a 4 so the other must be a 5, etc.). It also lets me see immediately that I have already filled in certain pencil marks (e.g., 5s) for the whole house during some later stage in the solving when I have to enter in the remaining pencil marks. This allows (at least for me) for very rapid solving at various stages.

Thanks.
Mark Ulin