Ha Ha, my software is pencil and lots of paper...

If you have written the best solver, generator, or helper, we should know about it
Princess Amy
Hooked
Hooked

Ha Ha, my software is pencil and lots of paper...

Post by Princess Amy »

I've been creating "Loco" sudoku puzzles... samurai and clueless with lots of different puzzle variants in the overlapping or separate sections.

I mix up the numbers with Excel columns and rows, or take the center squares from an existing puzzle.

Then, I fill in all the greater than/less than, killer boxes, or consecutive signs, add a couple numbers, solve as far as I can get, add a couple more numbers, solve some more, and then do a final "test" by hand.

That's working ok, but what I'd like suggestions for is the formatting of the puzzle for printing.

Right now, I paste the puzzle into Adobe Illustrator, create a new layer, and paste on all the greater than/less than, killer boxes, shading for odd/even, etc. One at a time!

I save that as "Solution," then save as "Puzzle" and start deleting out all the numbers that aren't required as initial clues.

Any advice from puzzle makers would be appreciated!

Formatting tips so I can post one of my puzzles to share would be great, too. With all the extra formatting, I don't think I can post it in the .1.|..2|... style? I just know how to save as a .png file so it's not so big.

Thanks,

Amy Grace