Can This Puzzle Be Created?

Interesting puzzles can be posted here
Princess Amy
Hooked
Hooked

Can This Puzzle Be Created?

Post by Princess Amy »

I'd love to see a Quadruple-Clueless Windoku. I've got it set up in an Excel spreadsheet, and I'm playing with the possibilities, but I think it's over my head.

If anyone would like to try this, I'll send you the spreadsheet so you don't have to start from scratch... and I'll keep trying, of course.

Amy Grace :princess:

Para
Yokozuna
Yokozuna

Post by Para »

Hmm, there have to be a whole lot of empty spaces in the grids for this one.
And they have to interact properly to become windokus again. Looks like a big challenge.
Do you have any examples of windokus without clues in the 4 extra windows? Because normally windokus have hints in the 4 extra windows.

Para
Princess Amy
Hooked
Hooked

Post by Princess Amy »

I just put some numbers from my "Test" sudoku from the pink (clueless) square into Sudocue, with the Windoku variant on. I had to put every number in the top and bottom row, every number in the left and right columns, plus the center-dot position in blocks 2,4,6, and 8. Then it could finally be solved without any clues in the windows. Whew!

However, that many clues wouldn't need to be given for all 9 of the clueless puzzles, while still keeping the windows clueless. Since you work back and forth between the 9 given puzzles and the 4 clueless puzzles, some other digits would start appearing inside of the windows, I believe.

Well, just getting the initial layout is a major challenge in itself! If it's not going to work for other people to solve, though, I might stop...

Any other ideas?

Amy Grace :princess:
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Heej Amy
You can send me anything to try
I love it