Clueful jigsaw

Interesting puzzles can be posted here
Smythe Dakota
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Clueful jigsaw

Post by Smythe Dakota »

In another thread, Princess Amy wrote: .... I'm working on a Clueless Jigsaw ....
Here's another idea.

Provide a completely filled-in 9x9 grid, but no grid lines. The object is then to figure out where the grid lines go, i.e. how to divide the 81 cells into nine 9-piece jigsaw pieces such that each piece contains each digit 1-9.

Presumably, the original row and column restrictions would have to be honored. Also, each piece would have to consist of nine contiguous cells (diagonal corner touches don't count). Also, you'd have to insist that no 9-cell piece coincides exactly with a complete row or column.

Can anybody come with a good puzzle along these lines? The idea is kind of like the Domino puzzles in another thread.

Bill Smythe
Para
Yokozuna
Yokozuna

Post by Para »

Hi

These types of puzzles already exist but they tend to ignore the sudoku type grid. It is just a collection of usually letters, where you have to divide the grid in sections with the given letters, say A-E or A-H. They are fun and can be very challenging. Not sure if i can quickly find some examples online. I'll look around if you would like to see some.

Para