Clueless Special 42 - Dec 23

This forum is dedicated to the <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/clueless.php">Clueless Specials</a> published each Monday on the website.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Clueless Special 42 - Dec 23

Post by lynn893 »

Please help.

Worked on this puzzle for over an hour last night. Saved original puzzle. Then after cross-hatching as much as possible, saved as version 2. Then saved as version 2 g3r1c5 6. (Tried 6 there, went as far as I could then resaved using 8 in that same box - again going as far as I could from the original saved puzzle)

Today, when I went to play again, I can't find my clueless puzzle or any of the saved puzzles I worked on. The only ones available are the 'learning curve' I downloaded from the site!

Where did my saved puzzles go, and please help by advising me which number [6 or 8] is correct in g3,r1c5. I'm lost!

Thanks!
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Hi Lynn i sendet you an PM last night
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

Thanks Marlie.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

Well, I ended up having to start over as my saved puzzles were nowhere to be found (even the computer 'search' function could not locate them). Weird.

But, I'm getting there.

Thanks for your PMs Marlie - I appreciate them.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Try this:
open clueless helper.
Then choose "Game"and then "open", there must be your saved gamewith this name:

Special 42-23 December 2006-Tough.clu
Because it is saved in the helper and not on the computer.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

I give up.

Post by lynn893 »

Well, after working on this 'tough' clueless special on and off for the past 3 days, I give up.

I am completely finished the entire puzzle (after restarting, and restarting from a saved position god knows how many times) EXCEPT for grid 6.
Box 4 has the following in column 2 {0, 3, 59} and box 6 has the following in column 8 {14, 5, 5}

They are the only 5 spaces left in the entire puzzle, and they're $#@%*(^%$'ed up.

I love these puzzles, but it would be awfully nice if someone would realize that we are NOT all masters here and put some 'moderate/easy' puzzles out more often, so those of us who are NOT masters, could master this.

End of rant over special 42.

Happy Holidays to all!

OK. After posting my rant, I decided to give it ONE more try. And I completed it! Whoo, whoo! I tried to submit it, but put periods between each set of grid numbers and so got an error. Looked through the menu bar thinking 'there should be an easy way to submit this' and low and behold, there was the 'copy solution' feature! :o)

So, at least next ime I know the proper way to submit my solution.
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

Lynn,

try clueless 43 its rated tough but it can be solved without much problem

the worst thing I could find was a triple in grid 3.

twins, intersections, and hidden singles take care of the rest

these are very easy to spot
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

Thanks Pete.

Did it in under 40 minutes (with a couple breaks away from the computer due to the kids) - I'm not quite sure that I understand the rating system as that was extremely easy. Does it go moderate, tough, hard?