Texas Jigsaw Killer 20

Handmade <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/jigsawkiller.php">Killer puzzles</a> with 100% irregularity warrantee.<br>If you can handle these monsters, we'd like to know how you did it.
AddictoCue
Rookie
Rookie

Texas Jigsaw Killer 20

Post by AddictoCue »

I was wondering if anyone knows what this error message means:

System.NullReferenceException: Objet reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SumoCue.Cage.GetNonetNumbers()
at SumoCue.Cage.get_FullName()
at SumoCue.Solver.FoundUnplaceableDigitsInCage(Boolean Execute)
at SumoCue.Solver.SolveStep(Boolean Execute)

I got it when I got as far as I could and hit F8. Also happens if you hold down F11 on this puzzle.

After several times working around the no-hints, the puzzle became unsolvable. Haven't re-tried my logic yet, for the next reason - I've noticed in prior regular Assassin Killers that if you make an assumption and it's the wrong one, after the clearing the pop-up stating that a digit in a particular cell can't be eliminated, it will place the digit in the cell that caused the pop-up, and at this point, may or may not eliminate the markups in the R/C, but sometimes they do disappear after you click on and then off the cell. I've discovered that in most cases, you can't hit Ctrl+z and 'fix' the error, the puzzle just has to be restarted.

So if anyone can tell me if this error is a bug that makes the puzzle unsolveable, or just a nuisance message, you can clear it and hold F11 and get it again, at which there are no more steps (I found one after this point that made it unsoveable.

Maybe there's an error message topic? I guess I didn't look...