sudokuforum.nl

Your favorite Sudoku websites should be listed here. Mine is <a href="http://www.sudopedia.org" target="_blank">Sudopedia</a><br>For a brand new variation: <a href="http://www.hanidoku.com" target="_blank">HaniDoku.com</a>
Børge
Master
Master

sudokuforum.nl

Post by Børge »

A QUESTION:

Is www.sudokuforum.nl and xray.messageboard.nl also run by Ruud?

A week ago (Thursday 2008-04-24) I registered there but am still waiting for my account to be activated. The email I received in Dutch says something like: "As of this moment your account is not activated yet. A site administrator must activate your account before you can log in. You will receive another email when this is done" ("Je account is op het moment nog niet geactiveerd. Een beheerder van de site moet je account activeren voor je in kan loggen. Je ontvangt een email op het moment dat dit gebeurd is").

The forum page states: "The newest member is pita" ("De nieuwste gebruiker is pita"), who was admitted on 2008-04-23.
Hilsener i fra vikingen :viking: Børge
enxio27
Master
Master

Re: sudokuforum.nl

Post by enxio27 »

Børge wrote: Is www.sudokuforum.nl and xray.messageboard.nl also run by Ruud?
I don't think so, although I know he's a user there. I believe "sudoku" is the administrator there, but I'm pretty sure that's not Ruud's alter-ego.

www.sudokuforum.nl has changed considerably since I was last there. I don't read Dutch (at least not without a translator), so I don't go there often.
cowgirl
Addict
Addict

Re: sudokuforum.nl

Post by cowgirl »

Børge wrote:A QUESTION:

Is www.sudokuforum.nl and xray.messageboard.nl also run by Ruud?
Hoi,
No this site is not running by Ruud, in the past Ruud posted there wel.
Whe lurn a lot from Ruud there,

but that forum is not actif ,because de (dutch) administrator did nothing to where the spammers etc. He looks somethime, en then months nothing.
Maybe you can quickly on that forum, when de administrator is quick
Groetjes van cowgirl Gemma
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

@cowgirl:
Thanks for the info. Just have to be patient I guess :(
Fortunately, I understand some Dutch.
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

I signed up over there mainly to get at the specialty puzzles Ruud has posted over there. (If that's what you're looking for, let me know and I'll put up images for downloading.)

It's hard for me to slog through the Dutch with a less-than-stellar online translator (I wish Promt would include Dutch), so my main participation was in the "Sudoku Bar". Marlie and cowgirl and I had some fun times there in the "English pub". I think I was the only one there who DIDN'T read Dutch.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

A while ago I saved images of all of Ruud's Special Puzzles (Click one of your links > right-click the image > Save Picture As)

Since Dutch is somewhat similar to Danish, English, German, Norwegian and Swedish, which I all read fluently, I roughly understand written Dutch. And if I have problems I consult Babelfish or my electronic Cross-European language translator, which has approx. 30.000 words for most West-European languages (Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish). But not Portuguese or (Icelandic, which is 100% identical to Old-Norwegian, i.e. what the real Vikings spoke, and which I had to learn in the Norwegian equivalent to US high school).

BTW: Why is Clueless Special #18a/b (July 14, 2006) called Clueless Special #18a/b and not just Clueless Special #18a or Clueless Special #18b?
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Børge wrote:Since Dutch is somewhat similar to Danish, English, German, Norwegian and Swedish, which I all read fluently, I roughly understand written Dutch.
I understand a smattering of German and can make out a little bit of spoken Dutch, but written Dutch is another matter altogether. (My second language is Spanish, so no similarities there.)
BTW: Why is Clueless Special #18a/b (July 14, 2006) called Clueless Special #18a/b and not just Clueless Special #18a or Clueless Special #18b?
I'm not sure. Maybe Marlie can go back to the original thread on the Dutch forum and see whether she can find an explanation. I can't manage enough of the Dutch, and AltaVista isn't much help. That particular spot in the thread refers to it as Clueless Special 18b, but somewhere else (I've forgotten where) refers to it as Clueless Special 18a, IIRC.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

enxio27 wrote:
Børge wrote:BTW: Why is Clueless Special #18a/b (July 14, 2006) called Clueless Special #18a/b and not just Clueless Special #18a or Clueless Special #18b?
I'm not sure. Maybe Marlie can go back to the original thread on the Dutch forum and see whether she can find an explanation. I can't manage enough of the Dutch, and AltaVista isn't much help. That particular spot in the thread refers to it as Clueless Special 18b, but somewhere else (I've forgotten where) refers to it as Clueless Special 18a, IIRC.
If I just had access I could do this myself. And since you must be a member to read the forum, Google cannot index it, otherwise I could just have read the Google cashed page.
enxio27 wrote:IIRC (If I Recall Correctly)
I'm Indeed Really Clueless :wink:
cowgirl
Addict
Addict

Post by cowgirl »

Børge wrote: Why is Clueless Special #18a/b (July 14, 2006) called Clueless Special #18a/b and not just Clueless Special #18a or Clueless Special #18b?
Hoi,

In the past we has more then 0ne clueless a week, somethime.
Somethimes on special reasens :) , and on Ruud's (this) site only one.
The A and B are the extra clueless Ruud give us.
This was a lot of fun, when you can read dutch Bórge, and you are member also :roll: , you can understand that, in the treads from Marlie and me.
Read the link :D enxio27 give in his post.
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

cowgirl wrote: The A and B are the extra clueless Ruud give us.
If there was a separate Clueless Special 18a, I never found it. I did find an 18b that I thought was sometimes referred to as 18a. Did I misunderstand something (my bad Dutch translator), or did I fail to find the 18a?
cowgirl
Addict
Addict

Post by cowgirl »

enxio27 wrote:
cowgirl wrote: The A and B are the extra clueless Ruud give us.
If there was a separate Clueless Special 18a, I never found it. I did find an 18b that I thought was sometimes referred to as 18a. Did I misunderstand something (my bad Dutch translator), or did I fail to find the 18a?
Hoi,

(In my memory) it was posible that the clueless A, was post on a other forum, were Ruud post new things also. And he give us the link (behind a word)
And that we give it the name B, because A was al post on that other forum/place.
I don't now were, it can be djape, ore other place, :?:
Maybe Marlie nows it, i will ask Marlie, when ze com on msn
(Marlieeeeeeeeee)

Here WAS / IS the A, is this the same of the B

Link http://www.sudoku.com/boards/viewtopic. ... e8962aefd5
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

cowgirl wrote: Here WAS / IS the A, is this the same of the B

Link http://www.sudoku.com/boards/viewtopic. ... e8962aefd5
In that link, the puzzle is listed as 18a, but if you follow it back to the original puzzle on sudoku.nl (xray.messageboard.nl), it's listed as 18b, if I'm understanding correctly what Ruud posted with the puzzle:
Ruud wrote: Ik had net weer een serie aangemaakt.

Dit moet dan 18b zijn, de 30ste